The Mifflin County United Travel Program is for the player who wants to move beyond recreational play and is looking for more competitive play and additional training. In this program, the focus is on helping players develop their abilities and their understanding of the game. Teams participate in the Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League and compete against other teams throughout South Central Pennsylvania.
Travel Program Philosophy
- Travel soccer should be a platform for development, improvement, and fun.
- Training provides players the opportunity to get better. Games provide feedback to guide our training.
- Winning is not a top priority at this level.
- Playing time will not be equal among players and specific amounts cannot be guaranteed, but every player will play in games to enable feedback and development.
- Parents must read, agree to, and sign our parental code of conduct.
- Our goal is to have multiple teams in each age group so that players can play and develop at the right level of play for them.
How the Travel Program Works
- There are both fall (Sept/Oct) and spring (Apr/May) seasons. Players can choose to play in one or both seasons.
- Registration for Fall is completed by early June.
- Registration for Spring is completed by mid January.
- 7v7 play with rosters of no more than 12 for U9-U10
- 9v9 play with rosters of no more than 16 players for U11-U12
- 11v11 play with rosters of 18 for players at U13 and up
- One league game each Saturday or Sunday with home games in Lewistown area and away games in Harrisburg/York area
- Periodic tournament opportunities throughout the year
- Registration Fee: $115 per season (includes league/club registrations, insurance, referees, etc.) Does not include uniform cost.
Interested in joining?